- A generator that will power most of his home.
- A deep cycle battery in the garage that he keeps charged up which can be used to power his radios.
- A DC adapter/converter that can plug into the lighter socket in his car and be used to power many low draw items.
- A boat load of batteries in every conceivable size.
- A portable solar charger. It doesn't have huge capacity but can keep laptops, cell phones, and other small items charged.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
DPT--Some Power Options
A friend of mine is THE HAM radio guy. While perusing his very cool equipment, we had a conversation about powering up all of his gear. Since he often responds during disasters, being able to keep the juice flowing to his radio gear/home/etc is a top priority for him. Here are his power options: