- The CDC's influenza page has all kinds of information about the flu and how to prepare for it.
- Check here to find a flu vaccination clinic near you.
- Here is a flu map that shows recent outbreaks.
- This is a global flu preparedness checklist.
- Here is a checklist for basic flu preps.
- And a few more preps for individuals.
- Here is OSHA's 100 page guide on pandemic flu preparedness.
- Here are some important guidelines for taking yourself to the hospital if you have flu symptoms.
Friday, January 11, 2019
I haven't said much about flu preparedness this season because up until a week or so ago, the flu season had been pretty low profile this year. Last year was a pretty bad flu season with more than 80,000 people dying of the flu which made it the worst flu season in 40 years. This year about 7 million people have been reported to have the flu but the death rate has, fortunately, been pretty low so far. Here are some resources for preparing for the flu: