- Invasions by Barbarian Tribes.
- Economic troubles and over reliance on slave labor.
- The rise of the Eastern Empire.
- Over-expansion and military overspending.
- Government corruption and political instability.
- The arrival of the Huns and migration of the Barbarian Tribes.
- Christianity and the loss of traditional values.
- Weakening of the Roman Legions.
If you give the article a quick read thru you will notice quite a few similarities to our current situation in the US. And while the fall of Rome was not quick--it actually took hundreds of years--it looks like our country is on the downward slide. Very sad.