- Flu season is still in full swing and is predicted to continue for a couple more months. Wash your hands. Often.
- The winter Olympics is on day two. It's interesting to watch.
- Casino owner Steve Wynn stepped down after allegations of sexual misconduct. I'm rather appalled that someone can make allegations (no investigation, no criminal trial findings) and that can change the course of a person's life. Apparently people have forgotten the historical definition of witch hunt.
- Millions of people are leaving Facebook. I pretty much stopped using it at the beginning of the year (not fond of them tracking my behavior, listening in on conversations, targeting posts to me instead of letting me see all of my friend's posts, etc) and I've found that I don't miss it at all.
- Drugs, alcohol, and suicide are causing life expectancy to drop dramatically. This is happening particularly in white, middle-aged people and those living in rural areas.
Saturday, February 10, 2018
This Week in the News
In no particular order...