Friday, January 26, 2018

Preparedness Tip: Back Up Your Computer Files

Depending on how screwed you would be if your computer suddenly crashes, never to be revived again, that is how often you should back up your file.  When I was working on critical documents that would have taken a massive amount of work to recreate, I would back up my files every day.  Now it is about once a week.  I never want to be caught in the situation where everything on my computer is lost (family photos, important financial documents, etc).  It is easy enough to copy your files to an external hard drive, the cloud (I'm a bit leery of the cloud but anyway), or a thumb drive; this only takes a few minutes and will save your skin if, not when, your computer crashes/gets stolen/is dropped/etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment