- It is definitive identification. A license shows you exist and that you can drive a car but a passport shows your citizenship.
- You never know when you will need to bug out to another country.
- It is a good type of ID to use when you don't want to show your address (good for privacy).
- They last for ten years and are easily renewed.
- More than half of Americans don't have a passport. In this case it is good to be in the minority.
- It's better than a passport card (which allows you to travel by land or sea to neighboring countries but not air which means if you drive to Mexico but need to be medivac-ed out you will be out of luck).
- If you are applying for a job that requires international travel you will be all set (instead of the hassle and fees of getting an expedited passport).
- Passport fees keep going up so get one now and save money.
- It is one way to prove citizenship for children who fall under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (INA 320/322).
- World travel should be required of everyone just for the education you receive when doing so.
Monday, September 15, 2014
10 Reasons to Have a Passport
I've had a passport since I was a teenager and am always surprised at how many people don't have one. Here's ten reasons why you should have one: