- 20 Things I Should Have Known at 20 (the writer had me at the first thing on the list..."the world is trying to keep you stupid" 'nuff said).
- We Need to Focus on Disease Prevention (this is kind of a "duh" statement but I am alarmed at the number of doctors who would rather write a prescription--and the insurance companies that would rather pay for a prescription--rather than cure the underlying problem that actually causes the diseases that are rampant in our society). tl;dr Eat right and exercise or you will die, especially in the event of TEOTWAWKI when drugs to contain chronic illnesses will be in short supply or not available at all.
- Getting Serious About Experimentation (people are afraid to fail, thus they are afraid to experiment yet experimenting is what brings progress). tl;dr Don't be afraid to experiment, don't be afraid to fail...that is how success is born.
- Save Money and Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck (another "duh" thing. Many people are broke because they buy crap they don't need and can't afford. Be subversive and actually save your money instead of spending it).
- 12 Essential Traits of a Modern Day Leader (I especially like the one about working within--and without--the system).
- 60 Selfless Ways to Pay it Forward (finally, I am a fan of karma and what goes around comes around so start the ball rolling in a positive direction so when it comes back to you it will be in a good way).
Friday, June 1, 2012
Link Round Up: The Subversive Edition
It's a pretty sad day when "subversive" (meaning "seeking or intended to subvert an established system or institution") means coming back around to common sense. As you can see from these links, 'subversive' means going back to the lessons your grandparent taught you because the garbage you are being taught now could kill you (or at least have a significant, negative impact on your life). Here goes: