- Watch the solar eclipse.
- Revamp your BOB for the summer season.
- Have a garage sale and put the proceeds in your emergency fund.
- Hit up the loss leaders at local grocery stores and add the items to your food stockpile.
- Watch one of these Surviving Disaster episodes.
- Have you ever pickled a watermelon? Made beef jerky? Experiment with food preservation this weekend.
- If you live in an area where wildfires are common, clean out the overgrown stuff around your house and make a fire break.
- Go dumpster diving (especially if you live in a college/university town where kids who are returning home for the summer throw out expensive, perfectly usable stuff).
- Have you started your garden yet? If nothing else, pick up a plant start at the local Walmart/home store and try to grow a tomato or herb plant.
- Get some exercise this weekend--go for a hike, go shooting, or try something more challenging.
Friday, May 18, 2012
10 Things To Do This Weekend
Some stuff to add to your "to do" list: