- Big fire in Reno this morning. I woke up to hear about this on the news. Lesson learned: have a BOB and an evacuation plan.
- Girl gets DUI. Girl blames getting caught on her shoes. Girl is soundly thrashed in the comment section. Lesson learned: if you get a DUI it's your own fault. Never drink and drive. If you drink don't drive, if you drive don't drink.
- Crazy man kills woman. Unfortunately with our mental health system in shambles, this isn't an uncommon event. Lesson learned: you always need to be on alert and you always need to be able to defend yourself.
- Snow storm causes drop in slot revenue. An FYI for your business (and for you if you are an employee). It's not if a disaster will happen but when. Lesson learned: sometime, something will happen that will disrupt your business, this is why you need an emergency fund to tide you over through drops in revenue caused by a disaster large or small.
- Guy murders ex boyfriend and says "oops". Apparently the gun was supposed to just scare the guy. Lesson learned: if you pull a gun on someone assume that you will kill them. A weapon should never be used to "scare" someone.
- Man killed when tree falls on SUV during a storm. This happens often. Lesson learned: stay in during a storm if at all possible, one of the most common ways to be hurt or injured during as storm is to have trees/power lines/other stuff blown down onto you.
Friday, November 18, 2011
A Round-up of News Headlines...With Lessons Learned, Of Course
It's been a busy week of news headlines (and with a little fore thought and preparedness most of these items wouldn't have happened/made the news)...