- Our infrastructure is crumbling. (FYI...this is just the beginning)
- People have short memories (didn't Palin quit midway through her term as governor for no apparent reason and now she has her toes in the presidential race?)
- The pyramid scheme that is the USPS has finally ran out of downlinks (ie: there are not enough people to support the bloated overhead at the middle and top of the pyramid).
- 911 will now accept texts (it's about time)
- Key parts of the healthcare reform bill are unconstitutional (you mean forcing people to purchase a consumer product each year for the rest of their lives is illegal? Duh).
- Sales of safes and vaults are soaring (completely logical).
- SF Subway system cuts cell phone service to avert protest (terrifying in it's implications).
- Demand climbs at US food banks (thus the need for a year's stockpile of food).
- The SEALS we lost (the human cost, the economic cost, a major tragedy all the way around)
- 'Development expert' abducted in Pakistan (um..yeah...)
Saturday, August 13, 2011
10 Things We Can Learn from CNN Today
Kind of a "state of the Union" in ten bullet points: