While I can sympathize with these guys--sometimes you get so fed up you want to lash out--I kind of think that, as with the guy with the IRS problem, you can't really get full satisfaction if you are...um...dead.
So might I make some random suggestions on how to handle such situations short of causing permanent harm/fines/imprisonment/and the like...
- Stay on top of your finances. Pay your taxes on time, have an emergency fund, don't have any debts, don't co-sign loans or get into a partnership with anyone, avoid situations that could lead to lawsuits, etc.
- If you are in a financially disastrous situation, fix it: make an offer in compromise, sell everything you own to pay your debt, work five jobs to pay your debt, or file bankruptcy--you can always start over (actually starting over isn't as bad as it seems and you then have many more options when the slate is wiped clean).
- If you are overwhelmed, learn from people who have overcome similar challenges (Dave Ramsey often tells of how he went bankrupt, owed the IRS a whole lot, and turned his life around. He is now a multimillionaire.).
- Live "under the radar". Always one of my favorite choices. You can have hours of enjoyment thumbing your nose at the powers that be by doing small things (shopping at garage sales and not paying sales tax) to big things (living so frugally that you can earn just at the poverty line and not pay taxes or going totally underground so there are no records of your life at all) to stick it to "the man".
- Change your attitude. People get stuck on how things "should be" and get all bent out of shape when things don't turn out as expected. Well, things often don't turn out as expected and if you don't want to end up in the fetal position under your therapist's desk, you need to take life with a grain of salt. Do something totally out of the ordinary...along the lines of "you want my house? here, take it". A 180 from what people would expect to happen but who knows what might happen after you do such an unexpected thing...you may be featured on the evening news, a billionaire gets word of what you did and gives you a mansion at no charge, you go on to write a book...
The bottom line, like a wise Shaolin master once said, is when you meet force with force, you end up with pain and all sorts of bad stuff. Be like water and you will win.