Monday, August 24, 2009

Poll Results and a New Poll

Our last poll asked "Do you have a BOV (bug out vehicle)?" Your answers:
  • 3 people (6%) said they don't own a car.
  • 31 people (64%) said they will use the family vehicle for this purpose if needed.
  • 11 people (22%) said their everyday vehicle (which has some extras such as a wench, camper, etc) will serve as their BOV.
  • 3 people (6%) said their vehicle was specifically purchased and outfitted as a BOV.

Interesting set of answers but I think these percentages are about accurate for the general population (although in my neck of the woods, A LOT of people have trucks, campers, RVs, boats, and/or other vehicles that they use for fun but would quickly shift into BOV mode if TSHTF). I know many people who live in cities who simply don't own cars because public transportation is easy to use, affordable, and reliable. And, I am guessing that should a bug out-worthy event occur, people will just jump into whatever vehicle they have on hand and go whether it is prepared spcifically for bugging out or not. Of course I do have a nice list of criteria for an optimally equipped BOV which I will share in a later post.

Be sure to take our new poll (can you tell I am running out of poll questions?). >>>

1 comment:

  1. I plan to drive my truck, and my wench will drive her car.

    I ought to get a winch, though.

    ReplyDelete