Sunday, August 2, 2009

Active Shooter Response

I was organizing the My Documents file on my computer and came across this item that was provided by a military base a few weeks back after an on-base shooting took place. This advisory is geared towards the public and gives an overview of what to do if you are in an active shooter situation. Obviously each and every such incident is different and what works in one situation may fail miserably in another, however just being more aware of what could happen and of the things that you should always be looking at (ie: escape routes) no matter where you are is good information to know.

2 comments:

  1. "If armed don't engage the shooter"?

    What the hell is that crap? I don't make it a habit of looking for gun fights, but I'll be damned if I'm going to do NOTHING while some lunatic is assassinating innocent people.

    I appreciate that the DoD would can't advocate private citizens to put themselves in harm's way, but *sheesh*.

    Snoop-Diggity-DANG-Dawg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I would change that phrase to say "if armed, please engage the shooter so you can save a whole bunch of lives before law enforcement arrives".

    ReplyDelete