Friday, February 20, 2009

A Week Without Shopping

I just caught the end of the "week without shopping" story on the news and thought it was a great idea. Here's the link. The premise is that the average American family can skip a week of grocery shopping with no ill affects. This will do three things for you: save the money you would have otherwise spent on your weekly shopping trip, allow you to use up the food that would otherwise be pushed to the back of the pantry/fridge/freezer, and let you practice for what would happen if a disaster strikes your area and you were unable to shop for an entire week. Consider giving this challenge a try...

1 comment:

  1. I do this a lot -- I usually go either one week or two weeks without shopping, and it's a snap. I have a well-stocked pantry and freezer, so it's no problem at all. I usually have to make a list of what I have in order to figure out what to cook. If I just look at the pantry and freezer I get no ideas, but once I make a list, all kinds of dishes pop up from it.

    ReplyDelete