Spring will be here before we know it. Here's a list of projects you may want to consider:
- Grow your own food (find basic info here, Google 'gardening', and/or check out the gardening section at your local library).
- Raise your own chickens and eggs (you can order chicken online here, and learn the basics of chicken raising at http://www.backyardchickens.com/).
- Prepare for a spring garage sale (and stash the proceeds in your emergency fund).
- Put up your own food beginning with the earliest season crops such as asparagus and strawberries (you can find all kinds of information on canning, drying, pickling, and other methods of food preservation online and at your library).
- Plan a major home improvement project for the summer (new roof? install a solar heating system? make your home more energy efficient? all of these tasks can be overwhelming without a lot of planning an preparing so start now in order to have a successful result this summer).
- Get healthy. If you fell off the resolution bandwagon you can always begin again. In fact spring is an even better time to being an exercise program since the weather is starting to become nicer. Plus if you start a spring garden, you will have lots of healthy food choices.
- Figure out a way to make some extra money this spring, summer, and fall. The days are warmer and longer and are therefore perfect for activities that will help add to your income such as selling items at a farmer's market, turning some spare land into a U-Pick field for simple to raise crops, creating a lawn mowing or apartment maintenance business, etc.