- If you pass out drunk at 2am then get up and drive yourself to work at 6am you can still get a DUI because your blood alcohol level can still be above the legal limit.
- You can legally carry two US passports. See article here.
- You can't lick your elbow. I know you're going to try it anyway...
- People know that without water you can die but drinking too much water within a short period of time can kill you as well. It's called water intoxication.
- Lapbelts (the kind found in older cars without the shoulder belt) have been known to slice people completely in half in even moderate speed car accidents.
- Teenagers are three times more likely to die in a car crash than others.
- Every cell in the human body is replaced at least every seven years. So the you that is you now wasn't the same you that was the you seven years ago.
- Dalmatians are born without spots.
- 63% of burglaries take place during the day.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of accidental death (44%) while accidental discharge of a firearm causes only .8% of accidental deaths).
Saturday, January 10, 2009
10 Things Many People Don't Know
Here's a random assortment of things that many people don't know...