It's been a busy couple of weeks. Here's some tips I have gleaned from the road:
- Pack lite! Here’s a video to explain how to pack all of your travel stuff into one small bag. With American Airlines now charging for ALL checked luggage, we may all need to be able to do this soon. http://www.lifenomadic.com/how-to-pack-everything-you-own-in-a-28l-bag.html
- I second the Kiva bag suggestion in the video above. This is the best bag to carry with you when you travel because it folds up really small and hangs on your belt loop until it is needed.
- Ask the locals for info. Best breakfast in Vegas, courtesy of a friend who live there...$1.49 for eggs, toast, hash browns, and sausage or bacon at the Wild Wild West Casino just west of the Excalibur. Another friend suggested the $5 24-hour bus pass which will take you almost anywhere in Vegas that you want to go. It also eases the burden of parking and for partiers, the burden of getting a DUI.
- I have yet to figure out why high end hotels will nickel and dime you to death (wanna park your car? It's an extra $15. Want internet? An extra $15. Use the gym? An extra $20. Eat breakfast? An extra $12) while mid-range hotels such as Quality Inn and the like will give you a very good price which usually includes free parking, internet, gym, and a nice breakfast too.
- When flying, put your carry on luggage across the aisle from where you are seated instead of right above where you are seated so you can keep an eye on your stuff.
- Here's a great website for the geeky traveler in all of us: http://www.geekytraveller.com/