Tuesday, March 11, 2008

DPT--Go Outside This Evening

Here's a pet peeve that quickly turned into a blog post idea. While driving through a neighborhood this evening, I lost count of how many homes were well lit up inside and had basically no curtains so anyone who cared to look could see all the way through their homes. In each home I could have told you what kind of TV the family had, what TV show they were watching, how many family members were home, what they were eating for dinner, which bedrooms belonged to the children...get the idea? So tonight make it a point to go outside and walk all the way around your home. Take a look in to see what you, your neighbors, and the burglar casing your neighborhood, can see and take steps to secure your home, and more importantly, your privacy.

1 comment:

  1. I concur. Every night for many years I walk several miles as part of my exercise routine. In these northern parts it gets dark by 4:15 PM in winter and I have learned a great deal about people and their homes by simply walking past them.

    Its amazing, but nearly everybody is watching TV or playing video games, while often the whole rest of the house is lit up and totally viewable from the outside. Its like looking into an aquarium.

    I don't know what kind of light bills these people are paying...

    ReplyDelete