Sunday, June 3, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...For Preparedness

It's a beautiful day today--sunny, temps should be in the high 70s, it's a quiet Sunday with nothing pressing to do. Which actually makes it a wonderful day for doing a couple of preparedness activities. Here's a short list of the things I will be doing today:
  • playing racquetball for an hour. Actually I make it a point to exercise in some form every single day for at least an hour. You can have all of the stores, skills and education in the world and not really be prepared if your body can't function in an emergency situation (ie: running, climbing, searching, etc. for an extended period of time).
  • depositing some money into my savings account. I do this about as regularly as some people go to Starbucks. Every time I go by my bank, I deposit some cash into my savings account; a five here and a ten there really adds up after a while.
  • working in the garden. Just a bit of weeding and watering keeps everything growing nicely.
  • revamping and reviewing my car BOB. I do this about every four months. I replace the food and water, check the first aid kit, check and replace toiletries as needed, and check everything that would need to work in an emergency (flashlight, stove, radio, walkie talkies, gps, etc) and make sure they are all functioning properly.

That's about it. It should be a nice relaxing day...

No comments:

Post a Comment